We have several positions opening up for the Spring season and we'd love to meet you!
We need more mechanics who love to fix things and assist customers in the retail shop. Job description is below.
If you're interested, please introduce yourself via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Switchback Gear Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Description for Bike Mechanic
Big Picture Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to our community
- Contribute to our service and relationship oriented work culture
- Repair customer and shop owned bicycles with a high attention to detail and quality
- Make sure customers are well cared for
- Repair bicycles as assigned by the Service Manager
- The position is guaranteed through August 31, 2020
- $10 hourly rate
- 16hr work weeks, with a set schedule
- Employee discount on all purchases
- Shop parties and team trip in October
- Enjoy working with the public and have a high standard for customer service
- Extensive time spent in the outdoors participating in or leading outdoor adventures including, but not limited to: car camping, backpacking, hiking, bikepacking, bike commuting, mountain biking, and bike touring
- First hand experience recreating in Michigan
- Previous experience as a home or paid bicycle mechanic
- Proficient with technology and able to learn new software quickly